Saturday, January 17, 2009

4 more sleeps

YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!  I am getting so very excited....4 more sleeps!!  EEeeeee!

I think I have almost everything.....time will tell I guess.  I was told I should do a 'dry pack' to make sure everything fits into my pack......and I have yet to do that! lol  My dry pack will be the day before I leave!  It'll all fit, I hope.

So the last week and a bit has been busy and fun-filled!  Last weekend I went out bowling with some friends...which of course involved lots of drinking!  It was with some friends that I haven't seen in a year, so we had to enjoy every minute of it!  Disco bowling....which i haven't bowled in 5 years, so my first round I scored a shameful 40 points, but came back in the second game with 113 points!  We went back to a friends house, did some more drinking, played cranium and poker (it had been so long!!!).  At about 3am, made our way back to my friend Laura's house where we finished the night playing Wii.  Oh how we sing so well when we're drunk!!  haha

Needless to say I was not feeling my best Saturday morning, but I needed to replenish as I was going to see the opening home game of the Calgary Roughnecks with a bunch of my friends.  After McDonald's, a BIG glass of water, and a nap, I was rearing to go again!  I met up with a bunch of friends, a couple of them virgin lacrosse fans, and started once again, the drinks!!!  It was an awesome game, the Edmonton Rush game back in the fourth quarter to tie the game, and after close to 5 minutes in OT, the Roughnecks Curt Malawsky scored the winning goal!!  After the game we headed to the pub located at the 'Dome where we got to meet and talk to Kaleb Toth, a Roughneck forward.  After we drank all the beer from Dutton's lounge, we headed out to the club.  Boy it had been so long since I hit a club, and we had a blast!!  Apart from the loser 'boys' trying to hit on us (hahaha) we danced the night away!!  My friend Trisha then took us to a place on 17th ave called "Tubby Dog", a walk-up restaurant where you order hot dogs covered with greasy, yummy, goodness......hello high cholesterol!!!  haha    Well that pretty much finished the night, cabbed it home, and slept for a LONG time!!  

I finished my last shift at work Tuesday night.  I was lucky enough to work with great people, so it was an awesome night.  Apart from a few of our patients having problems, they all settled by 0300, so we had time for some visiting and eating snacks!  Thanks Anne and Louis for a great last night. 

So these last few days have consisted of me trying to organize my 'shit', buy any last minute bag, underwear, socks, new purse, ect.  I've also made my mom joint on my bank case anything happens, she has access to it, canceling my cell phone, my zip membership (I'm gonna miss that!!) as well as trying to get in to do a walk through of my condo before I leave.  I've also got a letter from the internet company up north stating I owe them $500.  Man they piss me off!!  Supposedly I didn't return my modem, which I did....with about 20 witnesses as I gave it to her at the airport on my way out of Kugluktuk!  Man oh man, I hope I can get it sorted out before I leave. 

Anyways, I have to get ready for a wedding...Yeah!  More drinking!! haha
Will try and write before I leave on Wednesday.  FYI: forecast for Melbourne: Highs of: 26, 35, 32, 29 degrees Celsius for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday :::)))))

1 comment:

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

Busy woman!!!

Good luck with the modem crap...