Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Less then 24 hours....

In 24 hours I will be at the Vancouver airport waiting to board my long flight to Auckland.  My emotions have been all over the place, as my nerves!  I'm having drink as I type this :)  I may have to wear waterproof mascara to the airport tomorrow!

Things are packed.....and with my surprise I have a little bit of extra room left over!  My bathroom and bedroom is somewhat cleaned out and things put away.  I have a few minor things to do tomorrow morning, such as clean my car, inside and out, so its ready to sell when I get an offer.  Hopefully sooner then later. 

It still doesn't seem like I'm going, especially to go this far away, and for this long!  The Australian open has started which I've seen a few matches, and I still can't believe that I will be there in a week!  

I've been able to see all my friends before I leave which was awesome!  My friend got married on Saturday, so I was able to see some of them then, and my friend Laura put on a going away 'gathering' at the Ship and Anchor Monday night.  I have such awesome friends that I am going to miss dearly :(












My favorite NFL team, the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens Sunday evening winning the AFC conference title......MEANING they get to play in the 48th Superbowl in Tampa Bay!!  They play the Arizona Cardinals Sunday, February 1st, which means I won't be here to see the game :(  BUT, after talking to a few 'aussies' I met at the wedding, I should be able to see the game at a pub in Melbourne.  In order for me to see it live, I'll have to be at a pub for 10:00am....let's hope they serve beer that early!!  haha  Go Steelers Go!

Well, time to get all my taxes ready.....booo....and hopefully have a chill evening and a good night sleep before my long trip to Melbourne.  Hopefully I will be able to get some decent internet access when I arrive, and I'll update how my trip went as soon as I can!

No comments: