Wednesday, January 27, 2010

9 days and counting

Its official, I handed in my 2 weeks notice today and have 9 shifts remaining :) :) :) and I couldn't be happier!
Rob's applied for his visa which shouldn't take longer then 2 weeks, and once I'm finished work we are gettin' the hell outta here! My last shift is on a Thursday (Feb 11) so I'm sure we'll have one last night out on the town on the Friday and head out sat or sun, depending on how far we want to drive on our way to Alice Springs and how drunk we get Friday night :)

Its kinda of interesting because I am feeling a bit sad about leaving, but if you would have asked me a week ago, I would have packed up and left in a minute. My last two shifts have been pretty good, I've worked with a good team leader and alright staff. BUT, I know this is what we need to do and considering I've been in Darwin for 7 months, yes, I need to move on and see the rest of this amazing country!

The weather is starting to get to me as well. As I was coming down the stairwell at work, I hit the second floor and could feel the humidity from outside! Too much for me thank you!

More about the weekend and Australia Day later!

No comments: