Monday, January 4, 2010

the ants have invaded again.....

So here I thought we where free and clear of ants, and then alas, they have found my cupboards!!! I don't think there was anyone in our unit for some time before we moved it, but I guess we smell too good as they have found us, and aren't leaving!

The other day I noticed a few ants in the cupboard, but didn't think much of it. The following day I saw more running up and down the dividers of the cupboards, and the next day it was a full on invasion!!! They had found a bag of dates that I had opened, they where closed back up, but it doesn't stop them. They also found a plate that was left in the sink and I followed them up the side of the sink, the side of the wall, across my cupboards and up the wall along the bathroom and I have no idea where they went from there. I had to throw away my dates as well as a bag of mixed muesli (granola) I had in the cupboard as they like anything sweet and they managed to get into the bags despite them being closed. I thought if I got rid of anything sweet and put anything remotely sweet that was opened, in the fridge, we would be free of them again. However they have found us, and I don't think it will be that easy to get rid of them. I left a plate in the sink today after lunch, and after a nap I found about 100 of them on the plate and a whole army marching there and back. I drowned most of them and saw the rest of them aborting the mission. Hah, damn ants!!!

We are usually pretty good at cleaning up after we eat, but I don't always have time after lunch when I'm at work as I only get 30 minutes, but it looks like I am going to have to make an extra effort.

Here are the ants from my kitchen sink going home......






No comments: