So, this is what I have come up with.
First, for 2008:
- I have flown 45, 964 km's
- Spent approx 5, 090 minutes in the air, which is 85 hours and 23 minutes, or 3.53 days.
- Been through 20 security checks (not that many as I flew a lot of domestic flights and didn't have to go through security flying Yellowknife to Kugluktuk)
- 38 Flights in total which = 76 takeoffs and landings.
Furthest distance was Kugluktuk to Maui - 6, 840 km's
Shortest distance was Kugluktuk to Edmonton - 1, 591 km's
- Total distance is 69, 162km's
- Approx 5, 514 minutes in the air, 92 hours and 3 minutes, or 3.83 days
- Been through security 20+ times
- 25 flights in total, OR 50 takeoffs and landings
Furthest distance was Darwin to Cuba - 18704 km's
Shortest distance was Launceston to Melbourne 445 km's
Total distance traveled 115, 126 km's - which is 2.88 times around the world!
Time in the air 10, 604 minutes, or 177 hours and 53 minutes, or 7.36 days!!
53 Flights in total, (well, 54 if you include my skydive) 126 landings and takeoffs.
in 21 different city's.
I tried to figure out how long I've spent in airports, but couldn't remember layover times, but all I can tell ya, is its a long freakin' time!
I've had a small Swiss army knife taken off my going through security (Yellowknife) - oops, forgot I had it in my bag. But I've also gotten through security (Brisbane) with the same knife, again, forgetting that it was in my bag. I've been 'selected' once to have a full body search at the Yellowknife security, and have had my bag swiped multiple times for bomb explosives - all which have passed, phew :) Never been denied boarding, but was asked to be quiet on a flight from Yellowknife to Edmonton once.... the 2 shots and 2 beer prior to takeoff had nothing to do with it :)
I'm pretty sure I could say the safety speech from heart as I've heard it that many times, and to be honest, I'm not really that sick of airplane food - to be honest, I don't mind it. Although, so many of my domestic flights I don't even get food, and I refuse to pay $3.50 for a bottle of water and $8 for pringles and a mini chocolate bar, or whatever you get with it.
And to think that I've spent over a week just on a plane in the past two years is just freaky! Thank goodness there where no snakes on the plane :) heehee