Saturday, February 13, 2010

One more sleep :-)

Yes, one more sleep and then we hit the road!!! And I can't freakin' wait!

I got most of my errands done on Friday and when Rob finished work we headed into town for some drinks! I had spread the word at work that we would be at the Deck bar for drinks, and when no one was there after an hour, I thought it would be just the two of us, but then alas, one of my fellow co-workers showed up with her husband, as well as two other co-workers a bit later. I felt kind of bad for Rob and Linley's husband as we did talk about work quite a bit, but it was needed as we never get time to de-brief at work and with all the BS that has been happening, it was good for all of us. Another co-worker Caylee showed up later and after a couple more drinks we headed over to another bar. Linley and her husband took off and we continued on with the drinks and shots!!
Rob and I met up with some other friends at the other bar Kitty's, which as good as it gave us a chance to say goodbye, which turned out to be more difficult then I thought. I truly am going to miss everyone here and they have made my Darwin experience truly amazing and without them, I don't think we would still be here. I am hoping that next year we will be able to meet up again in Bali for a bit of a reunion, fingers crossed!

Today was a bit difficult, being hungover and all. and having to pack. We watched the Olympic ceremonies on TV, and I became very emotional, especially when KD Lang sang Hallelujah. It made me miss home and wished that I was there for the games. It sucks that we leave the day the games actually start, but, I have to look at what I am doing and be pretty proud of it. I can always watch the highlights.
I sold my bike to my friend Selina, and gave her my TV. I couldn't be bothered to go to cash converters to sell it, and I only spend $75 bucks for the TV, set top box, and aerial, so I was just happy to get rid of it.
Rob did a pretty good job at packing the car. We bought a mattress for the tent which is in the back seat, and I think we will have to put one backpack in the back seat as well. It was a bit hard as we still need stuff tonight, so once we get to our campground tomorrow we can try re-packing and might be able to get it all in. Rob said it was like playing tetris trying to get it all in, and how true! I've picked up a new backpack and managed to get most of my s*#@ in there :) As well as stuff thrown in the back seat and another bag full of misc. stuff :) heehee

Rob and I rented a couple movies tonight and are just chillin' out waiting for morning to arrive. I think we will try and get out of here around 6 as there is a swimming hole that I want to stop at on the way down to our first campsite and we want to get there before dark.

The landlords here keep $75 of my $300 deposit to clean the unit. At first I wasn't impressed - so much for a 'deposit', but in hindsight, I am relieved as I HATE cleaning, and did not want to have to do that today! I'm not so upset about the $75 now :)

We will take 2 days to get to Alice Springs and I'm sure I will have plenty of stories!!! I can't wait to start the next part of my Australian travels :)












































No comments: