Monday, February 23, 2009

First day off!

Well I've been in Tassie for over a week now, and finally had a day to go and explore this beautiful town!! I had a bunch of errands to do and figured I'd get it all done plus make my way to go visit the gorge. The cataract gorge is on the west end of town, about a 20 minute walk from my place, and you can walk up either side of the cliffs to the gorge. I decided to talk the easier way as I was not in the 'mood' for a hike and only had flip flops on! It took about 20 minutes to get to the gorge, and there are many walks you take when you get there. Too be completely honest, everyone was like, you have to go the gorge, it's beautiful....blah blah blah, and well, I think I had too many high hopes, cause I didn't think it was anything spectacular. Yes the walk was pretty, the tiny waterfalls are pretty, there are amazing houses up in the hills of the gorge, but I didn't find anything extra special about it!! I will definitely go back, and am glad I went. I want and go on some more of the hikes around the gorge, as well as make my way up in the early evening as they have flood lights around the gorge, but overall, I'd have to say it was just so-so!!
After visiting the gorge and hanging out their for a while, I headed back into town, spent some $$$$ - bought a hair straightener as I am going crazing with doing my hair curly all the time!! I then made the long uphill trek back home.....well, k, it wasn't that long, but the hill is freakin' steep and I hate it!!! Oh well...I just think of all the exercise I'm getting :)
Tomorrow is the Launceston cup, an annual horse-race that is held in town, everyone dresses up, and it is a province wide holiday!! Also a good excuse to drink beer :)






No comments: