Friday, April 9, 2010

and here we are.

So, had my appointment with the ortho team on Wednesday, and it was a good one!

I had a different doctor which I was kinda upset about, but nothing I could do. He said the bones are still in place, no movement at all, and they are healing! Yeah! Basically he gave me the OK to head to Victoria and to just follow up with an ortho clinic in 3 weeks to have a follow up Xray. I can stop the injections once these are finished and go on Aspirin. He did tell me I am to be in the cast for another 6 weeks, but we will wait and see how things go, maybe I am a good healer of bones :) The pain is getting better, but the area below my last 3 toes is still swollen are sore, more painful then where the fracture is. I must have done some major tissue damage there and it is taking awhile to heal.

SO, after some goodbyes in Adelaide, we headed out today. Cid and Tim were not there so we left them a goodbye note - they will NOT be forgotten for there kindness and generosity they gave us over these difficult times for us.

We didn't get too far today. We stopped at a couple wineries on the way down the Limestone coast and ended up in a small town, Salt Creek. We are camping here for the night. Should be interesting. It is getting cold at night and coming into the fall so the weather in unpredictable, and getting colder. There are lots of clouds tonight, which I'm hoping don't produce any rain. I was able to help Rob out a bit, but not much. And frankly, it just hurts my good foot just standing there useless. So I made my way to the picnic table with a drink in hand, and just waited :)
I have made use of my backpack to put things in and lug around. It seems to be working thus far. Rob is currently starting a fire (only our second since leaving Darwin) and we are listening to Daft Punk, with only 2 other campers around...... Life is good!

If the weather is bad when we arrive into a place, we will find a hostel or a cheap motel as it is not worth the hassle and frustration of camping in the rain, especially when I can not help.

Traveling will once again be interesting, and I look forward to it, even though I tend to get stressed. Mainly money, and especially knowing that I can't work right away, but, I will get through it, with the help of Rob :) and hopefully don't drive him insane :)

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Just start to pimp Rob out to make extra money! I keep thinking of doing the same with Matt. heheheh